Tummy tuck incision popped open but doesn't look infected. Is this normal? (photos)

I was 2 days post op and had just visited my PS that morning for my first dressing change. I noticed this one section was still a bit oozy but he didn't seem concerned. Later that evening I went to get up and noticed a burn sensation. Maybe I twisted too hard to get up. I knew right away my incision had probably opened up a bit. I went and took a look and it had. Is this normal and what would be the protocol to fix this? I'm terrified of it getting infected or making the scar heal ugly.

Tummy tuck incision popped open but doesn't look infected. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question. You need to see your Plastic Surgeon today for his recommendation of your wounds.  If you are a smoker, you must discontinue all nicotine products. Best wishes on your healing and recovery.

Open incision after tummy tuck

Visit with your plastic surgeon as soon as you can . One wants to prevent that incision from opening further and your plastic surgeon will know best how to proceed. It should heal well if it stays  this size. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Opening of incision following tummy tuck: What do I do?

Your repair has opened and I can see the subcutaneous fat in your picture.  First thing would be to place triple antibiotic ointment and a dressing over the area and call your plastic surgeon right away!

The area may open further.  A relatively  simple repair under local can eventually be done in the office.  The timing of this would be decided by your plastic surgeon.