What would be the best skin rejuvenation technique for me?

I'm 24 years old with clear skin but some light discoloration and acne scars, as well as mild wrinkles, particularly under eye and nasolabial folds. I have thick, oily skin as is and would prefer something that would make my skin appear brighter and smoother as well as inducing collagen production long term. Would laser, chemical peels, etc, help with this? if so, what kind specifically? furthermore, if i start taking a retinoid, which is best? can i take a peptide simultaneously? what kind?

Skin Rejuvenation, Acne Scars, Discoloration

Hi and thank you for your question! A picture would be ideal to give you the best guidance. We would likely set you up for a consultation with one of my PA's or NP's who do all the laser procedures here. If you have discoloration and/or an olive complexion, you would need to use some topical skin lighteners and brighteners for about a month before any laser treatments. We would decide if you would do best with the Halo, Venus Viva or Clear and Brilliant. These would all help with the concerns you mentioned. We would decide which was most appropriate at the time of your visit. Best of luck, Dr. Grant Stevens

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Your facial plastic surgery team will work with you to determine the technique that you need to make changes to your skin. Without a picture, it is difficult to make a suggestion, however, based on your description and age, a light resurfacing may work well because it removes just the outer layer of skin and the process will provide a light exfoliation that addresses the light discoloration, acne scars and fine line and fine wrinkles. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sublative for Acne Scarring and Wrinkles

Your skin type with definitely play a role and as always, I would advise seeking in-person advice from a board certified dermatologist. Provided you are a candidate, Sublative could be immensely helpful towards improving your complexion. Sublative rejuvenation is a deeper treatment that fights fine lines and wrinkles, eradicates acne scars, and improves overall texture. Sublative rejuvenation harnesses the power of energy currents to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production (while keeping the outer layer of skin intact). Depending on the selected course of treatment, downtime can vary from two to five days—which can be customized to fit your schedule and your needs.

Dennis Gross, MD