Is this healing ok? Necrosis? (Photo)

I have an appointment Monday, BUT am just working myself up. I am 12 days post tummy tuck. Everything looked good at my 1st follow up. Today I woke up and there is this huge new bruise around my incision. Could bruising occurs 12 later? I do not have a fever (and have not taken any fever reducing medications). It is not hard to the touch and feels soft like my normal skin texture. It is not hot and it doesn't hurt/ itch.

Bruising, not necrosis, after tummy tuck surgery...

I think that you can relax. The photograph demonstrates bruising, not necrosis.  Keep your mind occupied until your follow-up appointment, at which point your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with accurate assessment, advice, and (probably) meaningful reassurance.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Needs a check

This appears to be OK for today.

You can call and email the photos to your doctor for safety.

Blood an bruising go downhill so now your are see it more.

Your doctor will check for any hematoma or seroma.

Not to worry

this is bruising and not necrosis.  Bruising one week after surgery may occur and most of the time you don't need to worry, however, the best thing for you to do is rest and keep an eye on the area to make sure it is not progressing.  Make sure to communicate with your plastic surgeon.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Bruising af?

Based solely on the photo, it looks more like bruising than skin necrosis. Best to be evaluated in person. Good luck.

New bruise

As long as your skin feels soft and normal I wouldn't be too concerned. Sometimes you can have some delayed slow bleeding in areas but if the area isn't expanding you shouldn't have any major issues. If things change make sure you return to your surgeon 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon