Can you guys fix me? (photos)

I'm a 26 year old male with a crooked nose do to a fight and a very asymmetrical face that I didn't have till I was 21 22 up till then it looked pretty normal

Full septorhinoplasty

Your concerns regarding breathing and post traumatic deformity can be addressed with a full open septorhinoplasty but understanding that your nose will look much more crooked now and after surgery in a smartphone picture and that after surgery no nose if ever 100% straight  only much better

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can Crooked Nose be Fixed?

A rhinoplasty can be done to improve your crooked asymmetrical nose. Your nose can be reduced and refined with a strong masculine result. Consult with a rhinoplasty expert who devotes most of their time to this surgery.

Crooked Nose

A cosmetic rhinoplasty can remove and reposition tissue in the nose for better aesthetics. Based on your photos I feel you would benefit from reduction of the nasal bones, removing the dorsal hump, and refining the tip.

These are big movements that are often intended to create subtle, millimeter changes to the shape of the nose once it heals. The thickness of the nose skin can affect the overall result, however, an improvement can be obtained for most patients. See link below for more info on rhinoplasty.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best treatment. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

You would have to be seen in person to evaluate your nose and also look at your profile. A rhinoplasty can improve issues that you are concerned about.

Can you guys fix me?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Nasal surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from osteotomies and a spreader graft to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. I recommend that you submit a profile image of your nose for the most accurate opinions but from what I can tell in your photos, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to straighten and thin out the bridge of your nose and possibly a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you are fixable.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam to discuss Rhinoplasty surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Thank you for posting your question. If you like to straighten your nose and reduce the bump, then a rhinoplasty can address those problems. You will have to meet in-person with an experienced, board-certified physician, but your condition can definitely be improved with a nasal surgery. Best of luck.   

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon