What would I exactly need to get done to make my nose more attractive? (photos)

I've always been self conscious about my nose, I feel like it's long with no shape at the tip. Could rhinoplasty fix those issues?

Rhinoplasty: Wide nasal bridge, over projected nose

Hi,

Based on the photos you provided, you seem to have a wide nasal bridge and a slight over projected nose. I would rotate the tip (there are several techniques used to perform tip rotation), the nasal bridge can be slimmed down. The best way to figure out which procedures we would need to perform to get your desired nose is to schedule a consultation. These techniques take a lot of experience to perfect so chose your surgeon wisely. Feel free to send your photos in for computer imaging to better delineate the results you want.

Dr. S

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi,

Dr. S

What would I exactly need to get done to make my nose more attractive?

Thanks for your question. From your pictures, it seems like a rhinoplasty would be helpful. My thoughts would be to narrow the bridge of your nose and then reduce the size of your tip cartilages. This could be done through a closed rhinoplasty procedure. A closed rhinoplasty has no external, visible incisions. Other procedures might be necessary but you would need to be seen in person for this to be determined. Please consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for more information.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Depends on what bothers you

With aesthetic surgery, it is very important that the patient vocalize his/her concerns to the surgeon and the surgeon, in turn, lets you know what can be done to address your concerns.   Your tip could be refined a little, but what strikes my eye the most is your very weak chin - a weak chin makes a nose look larger than it actually is.    If you had a small chin implant inserted, your nose would look smaller to you and I would not be surprised if you decided you did not want to do anything additional to your nose.

Depends on what bothers you

Its important to understand that you don't have a bad nose

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think most people (and plastic surgeons) would agree that you do not have a bad nose.  The overall size and shape is quite good.  There is some excess width to the tip and to the root of the nose as well.  Narrowing the nose can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty as long as you understand how your nose will change and if you are good with that.  Excessive changes to your nose should prompt you to honestly evaluate if your perception of your nose is really accurate.  Seek several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your community and discuss your goals.  Bringing photos to the consultations may help you articulate what you wold like to accomplish and let the plastic surgeon know if this is advisable.

Good luck with your nose shaping journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post Op Rhinoplasty Outcomes

Hi

Thanks for your question. Pictures always help us to make more meaningful replies...so thank you again. I think you would benefit from a narrowing of the dorsum and tip. I would perhaps lower the bridge from the side as well... Hope this helps

Dr Ben

Benjamin W. Cilento, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Rhinoplasty Outcomes

Hi

Dr Ben

Benjamin W. Cilento, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

From the limited photographs, it appears that the nose is slightly over projecting and wide. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line narrowing the tip and decreasing the overall projection of the nose. The photographs also demonstrate a week and recessive chin profile which makes the nose look even more projecting than it really is. Consider placement of a chin implant to help a facial balance and proportions, which will make the nose look much more well-balanced. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes which is best determinate time of the consultation. Digital computer imaging on your face can give you an idea what can be accomplished with either a rhinoplasty or a chin implant, or both procedures.. For more information and many before-and-after examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Based upon your photos, narrowing of the nasal bones, narrowing of the tip and perhaps a slight reduction of the bridge would be reasonable. Ultimately any procedure will depend upon an initial consultation with an experienced surgeon who can assess you in person and explain the various options to you.  Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

After reviewing your photos, it appears that you have a shorter nose with widened nasal bones and a bulbous tip.  I believe you are a great candidate for a traditional rhinoplasty with narrowing of the nasal bones, adding more tip refinement and projection to give a very feminine appearance.  I recommend consulting with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty.

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for nasal narrowing and for achieving tip definition

You appear to have a pleasing nasal profile photo and your nose does not appear to be long. On front view you appear to have a wide nasal appearance and a somewhat bulbous nasal tip. If you're dissatisfied by the appearance of your nose, consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you can see what could be expected after surgery. Dr. Joseph.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon