Is it ok to get Lipo (liposculpture) and breast reduction as a confidence booster? (Photo)

I am 264lbs and 5'5 looking for something to give me a boost to push myself more. Plus I may want to have another child. I'm not asking for a tight stomach but something manageable that with my breast reduction it will not look crazy!

Is it ok to get Lipo (liposculpture) and breast reduction as a confidence booster?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

TT and lipo

Thanks for your question; by watching carefully your questions In my opinion you would have a better result after losing some weight, get counseling from nutritionist who would help you in the process; is possible that a TT and lipo will give you the desired result.

Best regards.

Kemil Issa, MD

Weight loss

Based on these photographs it would be bets if you lost more weight prior to surgery.  The results of liposuction would be limited.

I think that liposuction is reasonable as long as you understand that it will not improve the skin.

Most likely

While liposuction is generally thought of as a body contouring procedure, my personal experience is that heavyset patients often have higher overall patient satisfaction.

The changes can be quite dramatic. In general, what makes someone a good candidate for liposuction is too much fat in the wrong place. Full-body liposuction, including high-volume, is done routinely.

Ideally, this should be done in combination with some weight loss. Some people simply can't or aren't going to lose weight and are left with few other options.

While it is generally preferred to have patients lose weight first before having liposuction, patients who undergo weight loss after liposuction usually continue to see improved outcomes.

Breast reduction surgery has one of the highest patient satisfactions of any procedure we do as plastic surgeons.

It is been well-proven to be of immense benefit to certain patients. Breast reduction surgery is often covered by insurance while liposuction is rarely, if ever, covered by insurance. Insurance-based surgery and cosmetic surgery are often done together. Most of the time the patient needs to pay for the operating room and anesthesiologist for the cosmetic part of the procedure only.

Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for the above procedures.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Considering liposuction

Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They will likely tell you to lose weight first, then consider liposuction along with a tummy tuck. This is called lipoabdominoplasty. I do not think liposuction alone at this point will give you satisfactory results.

Liposuction and breast reduction

You can consider having liposuction to reduce the bulk, but remember, you will still have some loose skin.  However, if you are planning another child, please wait for a tummy tuck.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture | Liposuction | Liposhaping

You do not appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction.  Breast reduction...followed by weight loss...followed by tummy tuck might be a better sequence.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

S it ok to get Lipo (liposculpture) and breast reduction as a confidence booster?

The odds are that at 5'5" and 264#'s you have poorly elastic, stretched, damaged skin. As a result in all likelihood the skin won't shrink well. You should look towards significant weight loss as your BMI is very high.
Only your local plastic surgeon can truly tell you based on seeing you in person if he / she thinks liposuction is worth you time and money.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

In my over the internet opinion you are NOT a good candidate due to your very high BMI and weight. I might recommend diet or gastric bypass surgery first.. Good Luck.