Breast implant revision; searching for a doctor in Florida?

Hello .. I'm overwhelmed try to research for a Doctor that can put an end to this journey since 6/2012. Multiple capsular contracture ,multiple surgeries at this point my left breast is deform . I'm seeking a doctor that can help me, need to be an expert on how to avoid capsular contracture and reconstruction of the breast . Maybe strattice?

Breast revision after multiple capsular contractors.

This is a problem I have a lot of experience treating. My practice is primarily breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery. Strattice, Belladerm, and other acellular dermal matrices can help tremendously when dealing with recurrent capsular contractures. Feel free to call my office for a consultation.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ending Capsular Contracture In Breast Augmentation Revision

Dear Gina,
There are many factors that play into capsular contracture.  I commonly see patients with multiple revisions that have seen doctors that place Stratice as a solution.  They end up in my office when the strait causes further problems such as skin adhesions and further fibrosis.  I do not recommend placing Stratice in the breast at all.  Although a physical exam is necessary to give definitive advice, I would probably handle your case with fat grafting to restore soft tissue and counter some of the fibrosis you have suffered and placing a new implant in a Cold-Subfascial Plane.  The subfascial plane has the lowest incidence of capsular contracture and combined with fat grafting (which happens to contain activated stem cells) I have had great success.  This works well on women with Strattice complications as well.   I would definitely recommend avoiding further foreign bodies in your breast like Stratice.  I hope this helps!
Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Breast implant revision

There are lots of surgeons in south florida with an abundance of experience with both breast reconstruction and breast implant revision using ADM's such as strattice. See multiple consults and pick one.

Strattice for recurrent capsular contracture

I would definitely consider Strattice if you have had recurrent capsular contracture. Dr. Jason Pozner in Boca Raton has a lot of experience with revision surgery and Strattice.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your post, and I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. I wish you the best in finding the right answers and there are a lot of great answers and information on the forum as well as on my website. Remember, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with your goals. Textured implants, fat grafting, acellular dermal matrixes (strattice) and even some medications can help with capsular contracture. It is best to discuss this in person during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with which you feel comfortable. Best of luck. Benjamin J. Cousins M.D. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Find a physician in FLA

Without seeing your breast and knowing your entire history, it's been my experience that recalcitrant capsule contracture has been very satisfactorily treated with removal of capsule and placement of Strattice. I know that Dr. Jason Pozner in Boca Raton has had a breadth of experience with using Strattice in this regard. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS