Plastic surgery performed by residents; seeking a neck lift with possible lipo? (Photos)

Seeking a neck lift with possible lipo. Interested in the residents program. Would be willing to travel, so looking for information on a credible teaching program

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. You are an ideal candidate for the laser-assisted weekend necklift, a less invasive surgical technique that improves the look of your neck and jowl regions. You are also an ideal candidate for Kybella, the only FDA-improved injectable treatment that can remove submental fullness (double chin) due to submental fat. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Better for Sagging Skin ; Alternatives are Thermage/Ultherapy, ThermiRF, CO2 Laser Resurfacing, Intensif RF

You are a great candidate for a face/neck lift you may also need platysmal (neck muscle tightening) work at the same time.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.  

Facelift options

Based on your photos, I would suggest you undergo a facelift with a neck lift. liposuction of the neck is not something that would add much to your results as you do not have much fat there, its all skin and loose muscles. as for the resident programs, I would contact university facial plastic surgery / plastic surgery departments and see what is available that way. Good luck!

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Plastic surgery performed by residents; seeking a neck lift with possible lipo?

It's a good question. From your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a face and neck lift. There are qualified training programs where residents perform the surgery supervised by their attending physicians. Contact residency training programs in your area for details.

Faceift/Resident Clinic

I  am not sure your location in Indiana but if I remember there is a resident clinic thru the residency at Indiana University.  There is also a resident clinic here in Grand Rapids. It is staffed by board certified Plastic Surgeonsurgery. Your surgery would be performed by a 6th year resident under the direction of an attending. You can reach the clinic by calling Spectrum Health- Butterworth hospital. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Face and neck lift candidate

In our practice, a lower face and neck lift  involves tightening loose facial  and neck skin, removal of fatty deposits in the neck,  lifting the jowls, and tightening loose facial and neck muscles.  If  you have the procedure done in a university setting, make sure that the supervising physician as lots of experience teaching residents and obtains a natural result consistently