What peel do you recommend for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and thick, really dark scars?

I tried using a peel called Maxipeel #3. It was my first peel solution ever & I think it was too much because I had a SEVERE reaction to it. I was peeling like a snake (which was good), but was left w/ second degree burns & itching uncontrollably. I was left w/ major scarring and PIH. 2% helped a lot, but I still have 2 stubborn thick patches that are black and hard to fade. I need to peel at home. I want to try again, but w/ more research & patience this time:) What peel and what % i s best?

Go see an Expert! You should not be doing your own aggressive peels at home? You may permanently scar your skin!

Go see a dermatologist and get the right treatment for your skin.  It may not be a peel.  Possibly lasers such as the Fraxel Restore Dual Laser would work better.  You run a severe risk of permanently damaging your skin or getting scars that may be very difficult to fix.  Go see an expert!!!!

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Peel for Post-Inflammatory Hyper pigmentation

The peel that you describe as burns or scars sounds overly aggressive.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in chemical peels.  Especially if you already have had a bad reaction it is important to get an expert opinion for your skin.

See A Professional

Your history is confusing and you should seek an expert to help you with this.  A board certified dermatologist with advanced cosmetic training in peels and lasers is who you want to see.  Please do so immediately. I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.