I had breast reduction surgery 20 years ago.

Now, at age 43 I am satisfied with the size and shape of my breasts, but one nipple is irregular and not round. The areola slants down toward the nipple at the top. Is there any corrective surgery or procedure for this? Thank you.

Nipple correction

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately it is difficult to give the best/most accurate advice without an in person evaluation but pictures can help give us an idea of what may be going on and a possible solution. From your description it sounds like this could be fixed by a surgical revision. Depending on the extent of what needs to be done, this could possibly be done under local anesthesia. However, if one nipple is being revised, the other nipple and areola may also need to be revised to match. I hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question. Though nothing replaces a full series of photographs this can most likely be corrected with a small in-office procedure to help round out the areola shape.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best treatment recommendation made.