Is this healing correctly? (Photos)

I had 3 inch benign tumor removed 8 days ago. My post op appointment is in 5 more days. I would think swelling would be down a week after surgery. Does this look infected?

Removing a lipoma on the arms

Swelling and redness are common after lipoma removal. I would suggest a follow up with your surgeon. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Is this healing correctly?

Thank you for sharing your questions and photograph.  It is difficult to make a definite recommendation without a before surgery picture but although there does not appear to be any signs of an infection, the degree of swelling that your pictures show is concerning for a fluid collection such as a seroma, lymphocele, or hematoma.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation sooner than later for an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plant.