Is weight loss a necessity for Brazilian Butt Lift? (photos)

I am 5'9 / 205 i really like my size for my height is it really necessary for me to loss weight for a BBL. The BMI chart says I should be around 165 that's way to small for my liking would 185-190 be acceptable I really don't want to get that small

Lose weight and BBL

Thanks for sending your photos, I am sure your body shape will benefit a lot with the BBL but you might also consider having a tummy tuck. You have lose skin in your abdomen and flanks, besides liposuction you will need an abdominoplasty to achieve a better result. Performing lipousction to your lower back and love handles will help a lot to shape your buttock area. The tummy tuck will repair your abdominal wall which would look flatter. It would be a good choice to consider these options that will surely give an outstanding result al together. To lose some weight prior to your surgery would be a great decision. Good luck in your plastic Surgery Journey!

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Best Weight for BBL

I recommend doing the procedure at your baseline weight and not to gain or lose weight for the procedure as the fat transplanted will shrink after you loose weight or gain with increased weight.

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Is weight loss a necessity for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Most PS will say that patients should be close to their ideal body weight since this will give them the most "aesthetically pleasing' results. If you are happy at your current body weight and realistic about your results, then I think you are fine to undergo a BBL. From your photos it does look like you have some loose skin on your abdomen. Liposuction of this area to help shrink your waist to give the dramatic look of a BBL, could leave you with even more loose skin.  

I think that a bit of weight loss may improve the result, but I operate on a wide range of sizes and weights as far as patients for the Brazilian buttlift.

BBL +TT

if you get to your 185 lbs goal, you will be a good candidate an probable achieve an excellent result from a BBL. You do have skin excess in your abdominal area, which wont be treated with liposuction. You will need a Full Tummy Tuck to treat it. 

I, like a few other colleagues offer online consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Regards,

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD