During my last post op appointment my surgeon told me I can't go with out a bra at all. Is this a permanent thing?

I had surgery August 10th. I had a full lift with 220 cc gel silicon implants. I'm five weeks post operation. I was a C cup prior to surgery with major sagging. I remained a C cup.

Thank you for sharing your question. Unfortunately without the full details of your procedure and how your recovery has gone it is difficult to offer definite advice.  I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon to have an explanation as to why you should not go without a bra - is it for continued healing from surgery or preventive to avoid premature sagging of your breast tissue.  Hope this helps.

Bra

To avoid future sagging or ptosis, it may be better to use a bra quite often.  Usually it is no problem for sleeping or lounging at home, but for any activities, you would benefit from support.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Bra Usage

Your surgeon would be the best person to answer that question for you.  They know you, and your surgery, the best.

Cheers,

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Michael A. Epstein, MD, FACS

Your surgeon is the person who must properly answer this question for you.  My guess, and it is only a guess, is that her surgeon wants to prevent downward pressure and pulling on the mastopexy or lift incisions and there wants your fully healed you will likely be able to go without a bra.