I have one eyebrow higher than the other and am wondering if Botox will fix this or if I need a brow lift? (Photo)

I'm 33 yrs old and I have always had one eyebrow higher than another. My eyelids are a diff size as well. I've been to a dermatologist and was told that since my lower eyebrow has a weak muscle it cannot be lifted or fixed with Botox to even out my brows. So I went to a optomalogist surgeon to rule out pytosis and he referred to to a plastic surgeon. So my question is do I need a brow lift to fix my uneven brows?! I also have like 3 horizontal lines on the bridge of my nose that drive me crazy .

Asymmetry

It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Fixing uneven brows with botox

You can do botox or surgery to try and even out your eyebrows. Because Botox for this indication is fairly simple and cost effective and no down time or risks, I'd try the botox first with an expert injector such as a dermatologist.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow Asymmetry -- Botox, Ultherapy, Fillers

You can do a lot with fillers, botox and ultherapy to lift and shape the brow.  Please see an expert in combination therapies.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Uneven Eyebrows

Thanks for your question and picture.  Yes this can be fixed with either botox or surgery. I would recommend going the botox route first as much less invasive and costly.  Work with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results if you are considering surgery.

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Botox for a browlift?

You definitely can help correct the asymmetry of your eyebrow with Botox.  I would find someone who is experienced enough with injections to correct asymmetries of the eyebrow.   It can be done.  For a more permanent solution, surgery will correct the problem as well.  All you need to do is decide which course you want to take and then find the right doctor for you.  Good luck!    

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows

Uneven eyebrows are easily ameliorated with injection of Botox--be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced with the material. certainly, surgery is a more permanent option

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox or surgery

Uneven brows can be corrected with either Botox or surgery. The Botox injections will take effect after a week a last 5-6 months. Unfortunately you will need repeated injections to keep the appearance.
Temporal brown lift is another option which would provide long lasting results. Done under local anesthetic in the office it would provide permanent changes, albeit with linger recovery and some risk (infection, hematoma etc) .  

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry and Botox

Hi there,

Thank you for your photos and questions.

It is possible to give a slight lift to the tail of the brow with Botox. This can be used to improve asymmetry. It typically does not help medial brow position (the part of the brow close to your nose), but it improve it slightly. 

Your doctors did the right thing by ruling out ptosis. Now that you know that is not your problem you can consider trying Botox. The great thing is that it is temporary, so even if you don't like it, it will go away.

botox can likely also help with does unwanted lines over your nose!

I hope  this helps! I recommend you see an experienced injector. Good luck 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyebrow

Try a little Botox about 2-3 units right under each four corner of your eyebrow. It's worth a try before you go cutting away. I would also say it will be hard for a plastic to take on lifting one side to get it exactly even, in other words the right may have to be made even higher than the left to plan for future natural falling of the right post surgery. It seems more challaging than it sounds. I have been amazed at how even after surgeries that have raised the eyebrows for removal of skin cancers that they settle back down lower to almost even with the unworked on side. Maybe a plastics or oculoplastic has a different input than this worth hearing.

Adam Stibich, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologist

Botox and uneven brows

It is not entirely clear from the photographs why your brows are uneven. Some patients do have asymmetry due to underlying anatomic changes, others due to asymmetry in muscle function and some are simply asymmetric but seemed to otherwise have normal underlying structure and function. Botox and fillers can often be used to improve brow symmetry. I would recommend consultation with a specialist who has substantial expertise in both surgical and nonsurgical approaches to elevate the eyebrows.