I have one eyebrow that is higher than the other. Is it always true that Botox can even out the eyebrows or lower brow? (Photo)

I went to a dermatologist and asked him if he could even out my eyebrows with Botox and he said that the lower brow has a weaker muscle so no he couldn't make them perfectly even. Should I get a second opinion?! How would Botox work with my situation of my eyebrows?!

Botox and symmetry

It is rare for a face to be perfectly symmetric. Sometimes this is due to muscles (treatable with Botox) and sometimes it's due to bony issues or other issues that Botox can't address. An artful injector will attempt to rectify symmetry as much as possible, but to expect 100% correction is unrealistic as your asymmetry is likely a combination of the above. Good luck!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Asymmetry With Botox

Botox can work beautifully to help create a more balanced look with asymmetry when injected correctly. It is important to note that some asymmetry can not be corrected it is necessary to have an understanding of facial anatomy. No face has perfect asymmetry and products such as Botox, Dysport and various dermal fillers help injectors work with patients to help create a more balanced look. I suggest you consult with various providers until to find one you are comfortable with. In our practice we strive to create realistic expectations. Better to under promise and over deliver than to promise perfection and not meet a patients expectations. Best of luck!

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Facial symmetry with Botox

It is possible to achieve facial symmetry by Botox injections. Of course it might not be %100 but will be close to that with a Botox injection on the right spot.

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry correction

Botox may be used to correct facial asymmetry. 

I would suggest you should be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist experienced in this procedure to advise you properly and address your concerns.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Botox would be effective to improve facial symmetry, but achieving perfection is difficult. Some Botox in the brow could elevate the lower side if placed in the right spot. I'd avoid lowering the high side as it may produce an aesthetic result you're not happy with. 

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

I have one eyebrow that is higher than the other. Is it always true that Botox can even out the eyebrows or lower brow?

Thank you for your question. It sounds as though you received accurate information. You can always get a second opinion to assess how comfortable you are with what the injector has told you. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox for brows

Botox can definitely be used to even brows when there is visible asymmetry. You dermatologist gave you appropriate advice as he does not want to overpromise your result which makes sense as this would not be a "cookie-cutter" approach. Given that the effects are not permanent, I suggest that you try botox for such correction which will then give you a sense whether this is sufficient before you start exploring more surgical corrections. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to even eyebrows

Thank you for the question. Botox is commonly used to correct facial asymmetries. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination to determine the cause of the asymmetry (possibly upper lid ptosis) and determine the best course of treatment. Hope this helps and good luck.

Eyebrow Asymmetry and Botox

Hello! Asymmetric eyebrows can be due to many factors. The commonest, as mentioned by many of my colleagues here is a mild eyelid droop. The brain tries to compensate for the eyelid droop by asking the brow to do that job, thereby resulting in a high eyebrow on the side of the droop. It could also be due to a long standing facial asymmetry, or an old facial palsy or paresis.
It would be best to get evaluated by an Oculoplastic surgeon in your vicinity and proceed.
Thank you!

Milind Naik, MD
India Ophthalmologist

Eyebrow Asymmetry

Yes, Botox can be used to help even out the eyebrows.  However, this needs to be done by an experienced oculoplastic surgeon.  Sometimes eyebrow asymmetry is caused by a compensation for an underlying eyelid droop.  So before having Botox, I would have a comprehensive evaluation by an oculopalstic surgeon to rule out underlying eyelid droop (ptosis).

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon