PBG Breast Augmentation and lift - bottomed out, removed and left with remnants of areola below my areola? (photo)

I am 6 month post removal of 375cc implants that bottomed out within 7 weeks of surgery. I had them removed 8 months following BA. My scars are awful, the surgeon left aureola remnants below my aureola when he did my lift. I am afraid to get new implants. Can I have the scars redone to remove aureola remnants? Will that effect the outcome if, in the future decide to re implant? What are the chances it will bottom out again if I get smaller implants? I want to just look normal again!

I woudl recommend you consider scar revision and discuss this with your surgeon. This is a relatively minor procedure in most cases. Best of luck!

Everett Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

The pigmented area in the breast lift scar can be removed and revised with scar revision, under local anesthesia.There should be no long term effect for future surgery.

Bottoming out of breast implant can be of many reasons. Avoiding violation of the inframammary line anatomy will cause bottoming out. Large implant have a larger chance of bottoming out. There are some surgical technique that can stabilize the inframammary line to decrease the risk of bottoming out

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

Areola revision after breast implant removal

Yes, removing the areola remnant should be straight forward with scar revision. This could possible be done in the office under local anesthesia.

Return to see your surgeon to discuss this in detail.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Arealar remnants post lift

This should be an easy outpatient procedure your doctor can do under local.Your recovery will be minimal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Areola after breast lift

If the areola are large then sometimes in breast lifts, remnants remain below. They can often be removed once everything has healed and the tissue has softened enough.