I had a lipoma removed from my thigh and now there is a lump next to the scar as if it never went away. Any suggestions?

Right after I had the lipoma removed about a month ago now, there was a sunken in spot where it was and a lump right behind the scar. Well the sunken in under the scar has filled in mostly but the lump is still there right behind the scar and it is just as big as the lipoma had been. I thought it might just be fluids or the way the skin was stitched back together, or is it still the lipoma?

I had a lipoma removed from my thigh and now there is a lump next to the scar as if it never went away.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately without a photograph it is difficult to offer definite recommendations but as you mentioned the lump may be a residual fluid collection, swelling, or the manner in which your incision was sutured close.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation, they can best diagnose the cause of the mass and offer treatment options.  

Lipoma scar

Hi Yellie- a picture is worth a thousand words.  It is difficult to say based solely on your text although it very may well be swelling or residual lipoma.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers