I had a Tummy Tuck with minimal results. Am I expected to pay for a revision if my rolls are still there? (photo)

Hi If the surgeon has completed a tummy tuck and the results are not what he set out to do, e.g I still have rolls of fat, am I expected to pay or is the revision no cost? I had a full tummy tuck. My rolls are still there. I'm not completely happy at all and I'm actually terrified of my surgeon (scared to ask him). He's very temperamental. Thank you for your advice.

I had a Tummy Tuck with minimal results. Am I expected to pay for a revision if my rolls are still there?

Best to speak with the office manager to discuss your issues and see where the surgeon's position is on this issue... 

Tummy Tuck Revision

It is important to realize that a full tummy tuck will tighten primarily in the central part of your tummy.  As the incision tapers toward the hip bones the amount of tissue that is remove becomes less and less. To achieve any significant tightening on the side of the abdomen where you are grasping in the photo would likely require a circumferential incision extending around to your back.  Perhaps your dissatisfaction is partly due to a misunderstanding of what a full tummy tuck can accomplish.  Please speak with your surgeon about your concerns. 

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

ASK YOUR DOCTOR WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE. CLUE FOR GOOD RESULTS

One of the most important things for the outcome of a surgery is the communication between you and your surgeon.

If you are not satisfy with the results you should discuss this with him, all we want is our patients to be satisfy and happy.

You may have a revision of the Tummy Tuck with your actual surgeon or a new one.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question but withou a full set of pre op and post op photos it is impossible to give an intelligent response

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

These photos are hard to evaluate, because one cannot get a sense of how you looked prior to the tummy tuck.  Preoperative photos can usually make this determination to help everyone gain a sense of what may be realistic.

Tummy tuck results

Every office has their own financial policy on additional procedures which may be necessary following cosmetic surgery. Contact your board certified plastic surgeons office and schedule a consultation to discuss your results and expectations. best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon