If I have very very thin lips, will an injectable filler make my lips look unnatural? (photos)

I have deep vertical lines above lip that I would like to get rid of. What is the best solution to remain natural looking.

Lip Injections and Vertical Lines

A combination of fillers such as Volbella and microneedling, chemical peels, and lasers will all help reduce these lines and can be done in a very natural way by an expert.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist trained with these facial injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler or peel

Bepperboo, thanks for the question and great photos. Peri-oral lines can be very difficult to treat and there are two main approaches for dealing with them. The first is to have a filler like restylane silk or belotero used to inject the lip lines directly. This will soften them, but will need to be repeated i3-6 months. Another option for lip lines is to have a peel performed, either a TCA or phenol peel would improve the appearance of the lines on a more permanent basis. The down side of peels is that they usually have a 1-2 week down time associated with them. The peels may also produce hypopigmentation or lightening of the skin where the peel was performed. As always, make sure to see some one who is an expert in fillers and peels so that they are able to evaluate you in person. I hope this helps and best of luck in your area. ~Dr. Sieber

If I have very very thin lips, will an injectable filler make my lips look unnatural

Thank you for your question.  You can create a nice natural result using fillers. There are a variety of different fillers avail to help volumize lips and smooth out the vertical lines.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.  

Vertical lip lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I generally like to treat my patient's vertical lip lines with a combination of fillers (Ie, Juvederm, Restylane) and Botox, and sometimes lasers as well. Obviously, everyone is a little different. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for vertical lip lines

Thanks for your question.  There are many fillers available, but for vertical lip lines like yours I recommend Belotero Balance as it is very smooth and less likely to be noticed when used close to the skin surface in very superficial lines.  Have a blessed day!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician