Best filler/treatment for nasolabial folds and lower face? (Photo)

I am 34 years old , 5'8 and 115 lbs. I would like to minimize the deep nasolabial fold lines which have become more prominent in recent years.

Best filler for nasolabial folds

Definitely start with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane, Juvederm, etc.  HA fillers can be dissolved if you don't like the result or if there is any problem.  Especially for a patient who is new to fillers, I always recommend starting with an HA filler.  Before any treatment, you need to be seen by an experienced injector to evaluate your face in person from multiple angles and determine the best treatment plan. 

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question and photos. Fillers directly into the nasolabial folds and lines around the mouth works but in a subtle way. You do not want too much filler in the lower face as it often does not look good. The best treatment for these folds is to actually an indirect way but treating the cheeks. Treating the cheeks will give you natural looking strong cheeks which will provide contouring and support to the cheek tissues which improves the lines around the mouth. Radiesse or Voluma work well in the cheeks, voluma can work well in the folds as well. Remember the 'laugh lines' are dynamic lines that are there because your talk, smile, etc and you cannot stop these muscles from doing that so they will always be there. Filler help improve them and give the face a younger contour and volume. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD

Nasolabial folds

Treatment of the face is multifactorial.  See an expert in facial rejuvenation and discuss the various options to providing a look you'll be happy with.  Just injecting the nasolabial folds may not give you a natural result.  Adding or replacing volume in the upper face helps to create the inverted triangle, or heart shaped, face that we associate with beauty.  Good luck!

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Fillers for Nasolabial Folds & Lower Face

Dear lakegirl1:

My personal favorite for nasolabial folds and lower third of the face is Juvederm Volift.  Please see an expert injector who should assess you mid-face volume as well as reflation of the cheeks when appropriate can sometimes soften your nasolabial folds.  All the best.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Nasolabial folds

Hi,

Thank you for your question on filling nasolabial folds. From your photos, I would likely choose Radiesse as it is a collagen stimulator and has ability to last longer and give more volume than the HA fillers like Juvaderm. You may need to combine the two products using Radiesse in the nasolabials and then to soften the lines around the mouth using a HA filler like Juvaderm.

Andrea Dempsey MD

Andrea L. Dempsey, MD
Las Vegas Internist

Nasolabial folds

Good question. There are a couple of options. # 1 you are young. That is a good thing. Most of the hyluronic acid fillers are appropriate for this reason Juvederm etc. 

# 2 You should consider some cheek augmentation. In my hands, with younger people, this is actually what makes the most difference on the nasolabial area. Try it on yourself. Pull up at the most laterally prominent portion of your cheek and you will notice it opens up the folds a bit. The nasolabial folds are actually a tricky area to treat. If you only fill the crease it can give an odd appearance. 

# 3 I am a very big fan of auto-fat transfer to the face. More natural, more permanent and your own material. It is worth researching that a bit.

Best of luck

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon