Would I benefit from a liquid facelift? (Photo)

I am 59, and because of the work I do, am interested in improving, balancing my thin face. Would I benefit from a liquid facelift or is there a better option for me? Thank you, Diane

Best Investment for Your Age

Given the degree of aging in your face, you would benefit from a traditional surgical facelift more than a liquid lift.  The surgical lift would improve the sagging skin, would enhance your jaw line, and would give you a more youthful neck.  You might also benefit from a fat transfer to enhance your cheeks.

Fillers are temporary and won't give you the best results.  

Please be sure you consult a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, and make sure that you are familiar with the doctor's outcomes and track record.

Good Luck!

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift v. Surgical Facelift

Thank you for your question about liquid facelift.

A full facelift is likely a better option for you than a liquid facelift.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have facelift surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liquid facelift

Studies of facial aging have clarified our understanding of the process, leading to better treatment and more natural appearing results.  We know that over time, our facial soft tissue doesn't just descend, but deflates, and our skin texture evolves.  Given the volume loss demonstrated on your images, you certainly would benefit from the thoughtful use of fillers or fat to restore facial soft tissue.  For optimal rejuvenation, however, I would recommend consideration of a facelift to address soft tissue descent and skin laxity, as well as discussion of an improved skin regimen.  Consider seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and good luck!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Surgical over liquid face lift in this situation.

Agree with all, you would benefit from a combination of traditional face lifting, as well as volume replacement. Remember it is the balance between texture, tone (face- lift) and volume (filler) that will give you the best results. I think your skin laxity is marked, and the most beautiful and natural results is with a combination of surgical and non surgical methods. Video shows the limited extent of non- surgical liquid face lifting in someone of your age. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Volume correction

Thank you for your inquiry. Based on the photograph you supplied, you do appear as if you would benefit from volume correction using soft tissue fillers. Botulinum toxin may also be of benefit to you. I recommend finding a physician who is highly experienced in these techniques as you should be fully informed as to the potential risks and benefits as you move forward. Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift is a great way to revitalize your appearance

Hey Diane,

Thanks for submitting your question!

Looking at your photo, I believe you could definitely benefit from having a "liquid facelift", which is the same as non-surgical dermal filler injections. My recommendation would be to use my three step, Correct, Define and Enjoy method.

You can Correct the volume loss in your mid-face area and beneath your eyes with Juvederm Voluma, a filler I've found to be the most reliable for that specific region. 

Following that, you can Define your cheekbones and jawline with Voluma or Restylane to accentuate the natural contours of your face.

Afterwards, you can Enjoy the results and take in the compliments! Take a look at the attached links to find out more about these procedures and the type of results they can give you. 

Hope this helps, and good luck in your search!

Stay Beautiful,

Dr. Mabrie

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photo. It appears you would benefit from a traditional face and neck lift with the addition of fat grafting to restore lost volume. Please have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. Hope this helps.

Would I benefit from a liquid facelift?

Thank you for your picture and for your question.  In order to obtain the best results aesthetically I think you would need a combination of fat grafting to your face which will help restore the lost volume of soft tissue and bone that occurs with age, as well as a face/neck lift to help reposition your natural tissues into a more youthful, elevated position.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and treatment recommendation.  

Liquid Facelift

You would benefit from a liquid facelift with a combination of facial fillers and Sculptra.  You definitely need fillers and to replace the lost collagen/volume in the facial hollows and temples.  Best, Dr. Green

Liquid Facelift using Sculptra

A liquid facelift is an option for you if you do not want surgery.  You have lost volume in your face, and this can be replaced using a variety of fillers.  I would recommend using Voluma and Juvederm along the cheekbones and around the mouth.  I would also recommend using Sculptra in the hollows of the cheeks.  Although I can not see your temples, they could also most likely benefit from Sculptra treatments.  You may also want to consider radiofrequency treatments to tighten and condition your skin.  If you decide to have this done, it is preferable to have these treatments prior to the injectables, as patients who have significant tightening may need less filler.