My nose is swollen is lower part and upper part is not. How can I bring proportionality to my nose? (Photo)

My nose is swollen is lower part and upper part is not. How can I bring proportionality to my nose?

GreetingsThank you for your question, from evaluation of your photos your nose is not swollen it is wide.The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations. In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Wide nose

I don't believe the lower part of your nose is swollen.  I think that it is just wide.  The structures beneath the skin are wide.  Rhinoplasty addresses those structures, the bone and cartilage, to change their shape and make them narrower.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD