My hair started thinning. How can I regrow my hair without any side effects? (photo)

Hair loss Prevention

I'd recommend switching to organic products for your shampoo and conditioner, and to look in to preventative medications like Finasteride and Minoxidil which has been proven to halt and even reverse hair loss.  PRP would also be an option for you. Before starting any medications it is best to check with your physician.

Hair loss Prevention

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hair Loss

In general, more effective methods of treating hair loss come with a higher likelihood of side effects. I'd recommend just starting with the most effective (like Minoxidil and/or Finasteride) as even with these side effects aren't common, and working towards less effective methods if side effects prove to be an issue with you.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Regrowing hair without side effects

There is no treatment devoid of potential side effects. The most effective treatments have the most potential side effects and the least effective have the least potential side effects. It's pretty linear in this manner.  Side effects, even with the most effective treatments, tend to be rare. Please take time to review your diagnosis and treatment plans with your physician.

Regrowing hair without side effects

Understanding Hair loss and hair loss treatment options: hair transplant, prp and progesterone

This needs an in-person evaluation. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert now to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like prp/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer