How long will it take to fix my teeth with braces? (Photo)

I'm getting braces this year and I just wanted to know how long it would take.

Braces time

Every time we do braces average treatment length takes  at least take 1-1.5 year, usually 2 years.  The reason for that is we want to stabilize the teeth in new position  so later on we have less chances for relapse. Relapse means teeth wants to get into their old position, we prevent that with retainer wear after completion of braces, also by slowing the process and fixing the teeth in a new position and keeping on rectrangular wires for some time, which making the roots also move into new position, strongly fixing them and forming extra bone around the roots. Again we might straightened your teeth in 6  months, but we want to keep the braces and fix teeth in new position at least for  a year and more.probably around 1.5 years.
best,George Sahakyan DDS

Glendale Dentist