I have loss of collagen around my eyes and cheeks due to depression and stress.

What treatments are available and whats best so damage will go away and maintain until the aging process? I'm a female. 22 years old. Black.

Doctor Answers 2

Wrinkles in Eye Area

Hi and thank you for your question! The skin around the eyes is very thin and prone to loss of elasticity. I would recommend a great eye cream. We have a wonderful product called Eyeconic, which has retinol in it, but is gentle and non-irritating. If you feel you are having hollowness and loss of volume, we might recommend a filler under the eyes. Best to set up a consultation with a qualified practice with experienced injectors. Best of luck, Dr. Grant Stevens

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 145 reviews

Volume loss

There are injectable products like Restylane and Juvederm that are used in the cheeks and under eyes to help replace loss of volume. It's difficult to determined which options are best for you without looking at your photos. I would recommend consulting with an experienced practioner to go over all your options. Best wishes

Tom Tracey Gallaher, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.