I have loose neck skin, no fat, three definite lines on the neck.

I investigated the Sculptra properties and found out that Sculptra was prescribed for HIV patients. I am not HIV. Is that the same Sculptra for HIV or it was modified? Would it help for the non-HIV patient's loose neck?

The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift Can Work Well For Early Neck Sagging

Without photos, I can only comment in the most general of terms. 

First, as to Sculptra, it was originally used for facial wasting in HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy. However, it has been many years since its use was expanded to include other patients suffering with age-related facial volume loss, since it is known to increase new, native collagen synthesis and its results typically last about two years.. That having been said, I personally stopped using the product a number of years ago for a couple of reasons. For one, it is relatively expensive, and for another, it generally requires a series of at least three treatment sessions in order to realize the aesthetic effect.

By contrast, there are a number of hyaluronic acid-based volumizing fillers that yield immediate visible results, are less expensive, also increase new, native collagen synthesis and also may last up to two years. For early stages of loose neck skin and sagging, these volumizing agents may be used for The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift technique. My favorite volumizer for this purpose is Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, which I use in my Upper East Side Manhattan office (and Stylage XXL, Princess Volume, and Emervel Volume--my choices in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizing fillers are available). 

If ropey neck cords are the problem, a wrinkle relaxer, such as Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin) may be used either directly injected in droplet fashion along the cords themselves or as a part of a more sophisticated technique, known as the Nefertiti lift, which can help to straighten a jowly jawline, as well as address the problem cords. Droplets of Botox may also be used along the horizontal necklace lines, either alone or more often in combination with a filler, such as Belotero Balance (NY) and Teosyal Redensity II (Israel), which have little to no tendency to give rise to the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect when injected superficially into these lines. 

Unfortunately, I have been particularly underwhelmed by the results of relatively expensive ultrasound, radiofrequency and fraxel laser treatments, finding them to be far more device manufacturer backed marketing hype than hard science.

For more information on any of the above, check out the archives of RealSelf.com, and of course, be sure to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in nonsurgical facial and neck rejuvenation. 

Sculptra

Sculptra was first FDA approved in the use of HIV patients who were emaciated and malnourished, with temporal wasting and sunken faces.  With great success in HIV patients, Sculptra was FDA approved for facial rejuvenation. Sculptra is most frequently used in the mid face, cheek bone, and temporal areas, not in the neck. Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical neck lift

Without photos, it's impossible to say whether or not Sculptra would address your issues. It is the same product that is used with HIV patients and is excellent and producing volume. However, it sounds as if your neck issue might respond better to Botox or a Botox/fillers/laser combination. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Loose Skin on neck

Sculptra is a fabulous product that was originally studied on HIV populations to produce collagen and treat facial wasting.  It has changed a lot over the years and is used a great deal in the face to promote collagen and lasts about two years.  I wish you could post photo because it sounds like those are cords or loose skin which would respond to Botox and Thermage and not Sculptra.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in this advanced area.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra injections for cosmetic use

Sculptra Aesthetic is now FDA approved for cosmetic use and can dramatically improve facial lines on the face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Sculptra

Sculptra is safe to use in patients without HIV, however Sculptra is not typically used to treat loose and sagging skin. It may be best to meet with a plastic surgeon to consider other treatment options.In some cases surgery will be the best option depending on how lax the skin is.

Lisa Airan, MD

Loose neck skin

It is best to get a neck lift for loose neck skin. However if you are not ready for surgery then Thermitight will be a good option followed by Thermismooth treatments. 
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon