I had breast reduction 2 and half months ago. I wanted to know how long will it take to recover sensation on my nipple area?

Breast reduction

It can take a number of months for sensation to return. Although most usually recovers by 6 months you can still see improvements as far as 12-18 months postop.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sensation before surgery but loss of sensation after surgery

Nipple sensation typically returns in 3-5 months as swelling resolves. I can take up to about a year to recover fully.  Sometimes there can be a loss of nipple sensation that might not recover but this is extremely rare. Of course any concerns, discuss with your surgeon.

Stephen Small, DO
Toms River Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
2 months after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast reduction and sensory loss.

Nipple sensory loss that can be permanent is possible in breast reduction. The nerve that supplies nipple sensation is not visible and can be cut or removed with the extra breast tissue. In some case the nerve may recover if it has just been stretched or bruised. By a year from surgery you will generally know.

Even with nipple sensory recovery I hope you are still thrilled and happy with your smaller breasts.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sensation

Some patients have changes in sensation after a breast reduction surgery. The good news is that most go back to normal.  It can take up to a year to improve.