Dermarolling for light scarring and enlarged gapped pores. Which size is best for light scarring? (photo)

I read many times that .5 - 1.0mm is best for light scarring. But there was a few places that said 1.5-2.0mm is mainly for really deep scarring, but can also somehow help pores. Can anyone comment on this!

Micro-needling for light scarring

The key to micro-needling is the healing response that this process stimulates. It is the keratinocyte, a cell that is in the superficial layers of the skin, which is responsible for releasing several key growth factors that facilitate ideal skin rejuvenation. Most scarring can be effectively treated with 0.5 to 1.0 mm needles, and it is rarely necessary to use needles longer than 1.5 mm.

In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells. Our patients also use growth factor serum at home after the office treatment.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon