Is there a way I can remove my fupa? (Photo)

I have a fupa. a fupa is when your vagina is fat as shown the pictures. I thought only fat people had these. I'm not really big. I'm 5'1 and I only weigh 110 lbs. Why do I have this?? It's an embarassement....I'm so insecure about it! How much would it cost to remove the fat there?? At what age can I have surgery to remove it?

Is there a way I can remove my fupa?

Dear Egallardo

You have a very attractive youthful looking pubic area.  Please do not let misguided cultural attitudes, most derived from the porn industry about how this private usually hidden area should look, encourage you to have surgery.  Yes liposuction can be done in this area but be aware that entrance scars for the liposuction cannula will be visible and it is certainly possible that fat removal can be irregular and cause deformity.

I must reemphasize that based on your photographs I think you pubic area looks beautiful, youthful and normal and should be left alone. If someone close to you has made you self conscious about this area their ideas are perverted and shroud be ignored.

Mons Liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos. A variety of shapes and sizes are normal for the mons pubis and genital area. If the amount of fat in this area bothers you, you could book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss liposuction and fat reduction.

Keep in mind that swelling in this area can be significant and prolonged. Be sure to discuss all risks and considerations before deciding to proceed.

All the best

Mons pubis liposuction

From your photos it seems like you may have excess fat in the mons pubis area, or it could your pelvic bones that may be protruding.  If this is an issue of excess fat, liposuction of the mons is a viable solution.  It is best that you speak to a board certified plastic surgeon about your options

Martin Jugenburg, MD

How can I remove my Fupa?

The mons pubis can be reduced by a very simple in office liposuction under local anesthesia.  Seek a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Mons Pubis

Based on the photos, there is a small amount of fat in the mons pubis. This can easily be treated with liposuction. If you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian with you during a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Look carefully on realself to find the best doctor in your area.

FUPA's can be addressed with liposuction

if you find it really bothersome to you and your psyche.  What you have is 'normal' but since there is a bump that is somewhat prominent, it can be taken down the liposuction.  You would have to accept small puncture wounds that should heal without problems. and ideally, wear some kind of underwear that provide ample pressure to that area post-op.   To further the flattening, you could consider adding Thermi with your liposuction.

Curtis Wong, MD

Pubic fat pad

You have a mild pubic fat pad, which can easily be corrected with pubic liposuction if it really bothers you.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Mons lipo

Thank you for your question and photos.  I do not think it is necessary for you to undergo any surgery, and it should not be a source of embarrassment.  This area can be liposuctioned, but I truly do not think it is necessary.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL  

Yes, with Liposculpture of the mons pubis

This is a common complaint that many women have. It bothers you more because of your slender build. 
This is can be taken care of with in-office Laser Liposculpture. I frequently perform this at the time of labiaplasty under local anesthesia. It would take less than an hour. 
Surgical fee for mons liposculpture is $4,000. It can be done in anyone over 18 years of age.  

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Unhappy with Normal Mons Pubis

Your mons is totally normal and there is no cause for embarrassment here. Mons means mountain in latin and this area was given this name because of it's natural fullness. You can certainly reduce it with a very conservative liposculpture procedure, but there is no reason to feel fat or that you have a problem.