Why's my left eye lower than the other? (Photo)

I took this picture and noticed my left eye is lower than my right eye, is this due to the fact that my left eye is lazy, and is it normal to have one eye higher than the other, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. There are many causes of eyelid asymmetry, including normal development, contact lens use and trauma. It does not appear significant, but should be evaluated by an Oculoplastic Surgeon.  Good luck,

Eyelid asymmetry

It appears that you have a slight asymmetry of the eyelids and possibly the eye position too.  All people have some degree of asymmetry, and this is likely nothing to worry about.  If you are concerned or if the asymmetry s changing in any way, then you should be evaluated in person to determine the cause and possible treatment plan.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial symmetry

Your picture appears to be a variation of what plastic surgeons consider normal.  You could search the Earth for the "perfect" face and discover that no human has eyes that are perfectly level or symmetric.  This is true for any part of the face (brows, nose, mouth, ears, etc.).While we may or may not notice facial asymmetry in each of us, the asymmetry is what makes our faces unique and beautiful.  A perfectly symmetric face would probably look strange to most of us. Enjoy the different parts and asymmetries of your face that make you unique!

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is so minor (if it exists at all) that you should learn to ignore it.

This is precisely the type of non-problem that qualifies people as having body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).  If you are spending any time thinking about this issue or find your thoughts preoccupied by this issue or avoid social or work situations due to this, you may have BDD.  The treatment is psychological not surgical.

Eye asymmetry

Everyone has an asymmetry from one side to the other.  In some people this is very pronounced and one eye/orbit can be much lower than the other.  You have  a very mild asymmetry that you need not be concerned about. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon