How much does Botox run now a days?

I've heard $8/unit but that it's over diluted….

How much does Botox run now a days?

The cost of Botox depends entirely on where you choose to have Botox injection. The adage "you get what you pay for" is still true as you alluded to regarding $8 Botox. For an experienced physician injector most will charge $12-14 per unit depending upon your location. You can probably find alot more expensive Botox in LA, NYC or other large cities but in most locations Botox is more affordable. The most important advice is to seek an experienced physician injector and to ensure that they actually perform the treatments as opposed to a less experienced "injectionist" or someone with a similar title. Avoid daily deals and similar promos where the financial pressure to cut corners is high. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox price

Thank you for your question Sandrabanna. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles on the face. Just like a haircut, Botox is a treatment, not a product. And just like a haircut the results may vary from one doctor to another doctor. Therefore it is important to look for the best injector rather than the best price. Look for experience, before and after photographs, and reviews. The price per unit varies widely from region to region and from office to office. The cost of Botox usually increases slightly each year. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

How much does Botox run now a days?

Every office is different on how they price their Botox. Some provide it by the syringe and others by the amount of units that you need for treatment. Average price for 100 Units of Botox is $799.
Some things to lookout for:

Are you having the procedure done by a Plastic Surgeon or a Physicians Assistant?

Do you trust the facility that you are doing the procedure in?

Always ask to see the vial of Botox to confirm that it is a legitimate US product.

Botox pricing depends on skill of injector

I agree with the other answers to this question. The cost of Botox is usually based on the skill of the injector. Certain injectors just have an "eye" for Botox injection and injection is truly an art. That being said, location, also plays a role with the physicians in bigger cities such as NYC, LA, Miami charging more then you would pay in a less prominent local. 

$8/unit however just doesn't sound right. Make sure you are getting what you think you are paying for. 

Cost of Botox

Botox can run anywhere from $10-$15/unit. Usually if a physician is performing the treatment, the price will be on the higher side. Some nurses are trained to perform the treatment and don’t charge as much. Be sure that the person performing the treatment has received proper training to do so.

Peter H. Grossman, MD, FACS

Botox Cost- See an Expert

Botox pricing will vary from practice to practice. Essentially, you are paying for the expertise and skill of the injector. I suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Cost of botox

You are not paying for the Botox, you are paying for the skill, experience and artistry of the board certified specialist performing the treatment. Otherwise you can just but the bottle. You are paying for the service not the product thats why its not taxed.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much does Botox run now a days?

Hello Sandrabanna,

For your question about how much Botox costs, you will see a wide range.  All Botox is mixed with saline as Botox is a powder.  So the dilution only affects how much volume needs to be injected.  The total number of units being given is what matters.  Although there is a premium, I would recommend you receive your injections from one of the core aesthetic physician injectors (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist).  The reason is you are really paying for a result, not simply the product.  Depending on where you are and who does your injection, your will likely see prices range from about $10-$18/unit.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon