Can this piece of fat be exercised off or does it need plastic surgery? (photos)

I am 125 pounds and have very lean body, I was just wondering if there was any exercises to get rid of this or if it need actual plastic surgery??

Armpit Fat

The area under your arms is either fatty tissue  or loose skin around the
armpit . It can become very resistant to diet and exercise. Fortunately, there are some cosmetic surgery procedures available that can help to get rid of armpit fat for good,
and most do not require a lot of downtime. These treatments are typically performed under local anesthesia.

Armpit fat

I have seen several patients with this concern, and it can be treated. I you are near your ideal body weight, it is unlikely more dieting and exercise will help. However, you should try that first. Liposuction could help this. Another more conservative option is Kybella, injections which dissolve the fat.This would be done off-label as the FDA has only approved this to treat the area under the chin. Discuss the options with your surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Front bra roll?

The area by your front bra is either fatty tissue or loose skin. You would have to be evaluated in person.

Small bit of fat

Hello. Your axillary fat can be addressed by small volume liposuction with the appropriate post-op garment. There is no exercise that will diminish localized fat deposits. 

Be well

DrBurnett#RealSelf100

Underarm roll in thin woman

Thank you for asking about your underarm tissue.

• You appear to have a small amount of 'accessory' breast tissue.
  • If the tissue is fatty, liposuction can reduce it.
  • If not, it needs a minor procedure to remove it surgically.
  • Weight loss can decrease its size if it has fat - 
  • But if you are at or below a normal weight, it is best to not lose more weight. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can this piece of fat be exercised off or does it need plastic surgery?

Thank you for your question.  As you are already quite lean I doubt that exercise alone will improve this area of excess adipose tissue and would recommend a small volume liposuction procedure in your doctor's office.  

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a small liposuction to the area.  I frequently perform in patients with very similar concerns.  It can be done under local anesthesia and is a quick procedure. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction

That area is a bother for many people, and I treat it regularly. A small amount of my liposuction can help to improve the appearance. It will be a brief procedure, but technically it is plastic surgery. Best to see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck to you. 

Lipo

That area of fat may not respond well to exercise and diet. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing liposuction options for that area.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon