Trans-conjunctival blepharoplasty with fat transfer estimated healing?

I want to get lower blepharoplasty and delicate fat transfer so the area doesn't get sunken in. I'd appreciate it if some doctors could tell me how long the healing process is. For example - how long will it be swollen? How swollen? How long or will it be black and blue, bruised etc after the surgery? Do I have to be on medication? What kind usually? How do most patients describe sleep right after? Is it a dangerous procedure and what are the risks if I'm going to a qualified surgeon?

Trans-conjunctival lower blepharoplasty procedure

In our practice, we perform  A conservative  fat removal through a trans-conjunctival approach. Anticipate 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure.  Full healing takes approximately 3 months.  Or many before and after results of blepharoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Lower blepharoplasty and fat transfer.

This is a safe procedure IF u choose a very experienced eyelid surgeon. Recovery is 1-2 weeks. See several surgeons and discuss what differences they have. 

Lower blepharoplasty recovery time

Recovery varies from person to person after a lower blepharoplasty. Young, healthy patients who are not on blood thinners tend to recover the fastest. True, final healing takes months to achieve, but what most patients are interested in is the journey to get there.

I like to break this up into the wedding scenario: when you are ready to go to a wedding, to be in a wedding, or to actually get married. You should be ready to go to a wedding within a couple weeks, as most major swelling will be resolved, and any residual, minor bruising that may be left behind is easily covered up. It will take you a month before you're ready to be in the wedding, by then all hints of bruising will be long gone, and swelling will be only noticeable to your physician.  It would be two months before you were actually ready to get married, where you are looking like your final result.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Transconjunctival bleph

Healing can be very different from one person to the next, and even from one eyelid to the other.  The lower lids are very vascular so it is common to have bruising here.  The bruising can last for anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks.  Most of the swelling will improve over about 2 weeks, but some persistent swelling, especially in the malar fat pad can last for a few months.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling usually peaks at three days and resolves by three days if surgeon is delicate with tissues and you have no hematomas.  Bruising varies but can be minimized by avoiding blood thinners such as aspirin and Vit E prior to surgery. You may resume secretarial activity in one   

Luis Villar, MD, FACS