How long until the swelling goes away? I have different responses, from 4 days to 1 week? (Photo)

Hi, I am 23 years old and I received my first Juvederm lip Injections On the upper lips and a little bit on the bottom lips I only bought I syringe. I got it done on Monday and it's Wednesday . Because it's my first time I am really paranoid about the swelling. It looks like I have Duck lips.

Swelling After Juvederm Injections

Thank you for your question. It can take up to 2 weeks for all swelling to resolve and see your final results. You can also reduce the swelling by using cold compresses to your lips. If you are not happy with your results after 2 weeks you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase and try a different procedure if you wish. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Swelling after lip injections

Swelling can last upwards of 2 weeks after the treatment.  I would follow up with your injecting physician if you are still concerned about swelling at that time.  Enjoy your new lips!

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Swelling from injection

Thank you for you question and pictures. Since you just got them done not even a week ago, you will need to give it some time. It will take at least 2 weeks to see the swelling go down. If you have any questions I will recommend for you to follow up with your physician 2 weeks after your procedure if you still have some concerns. Thanks again for your photos

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Thank you for your question. I would wait at least two weeks for all swelling to resolve. You can Ice in the meantime to help the swelling. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

How long until the swelling goes away? I have different responses, from 4 days to 1 week? (Photo

Hi there. Swelling of lips after Juvederm or any other filler can take up to 2 weeks to go away. The lips are a vascular area and this is why it takes so long. Try to sleep on your back, and if you have any questions, I strongly recommend that you consult the dermatologist that injected you.  Good luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after lip injections

Swelling after lip injections can last up to two weeks.  You can use ice or gentle massage after injection to help, but it will still take time.  

Camille Cash, MD

Lips

You are very early in the recovery from your injection. I would recommend giving it at least 2 weeks to see what the result will be after the swelling goes down.

Swollen lips

Thanks for your question and the pictures. 

I always tell my patients 2 weeks until the swelling is gone. Everyone is different but that's a good rule of thumb!

Hope that helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Swelling after Lip Filling with Juvederm

Dear Vmtz21:

Swelling after lip filling is not uncommon, and normally resolves within 1-2 weeks after procedure.  The exact or absolute healing process varies from patient to patient.  Please follow up with your physician 2 weeks after procedure.  All the best.

Swelling after lip injections

Hello and thank you for your question.

The duration and severity of swelling after filler injection varies depending on the amount of product used and how much bruising occurs. Most individuals notice improvement in swelling after 1 week but can take up to 2 weeks as the lips are very vascular and sensitive. Intermittent cold packs can help with swelling in the meantime. Follow up with your injector for re-evaluation if you are still concerned with the appearance after 2 weeks.

Hope this helps and thank you for sharing your photos!