Juvaderm Voluma Cheek Injection Questions. (photos)

I'm early 30's, with flat cheeks. Thinking of Juvaderm Voluma in cheeks to add contour near the temple from front view and slight shadow around cheek area from front view. 1) Is this possible in my situation and do you generally recommend this product? 2) Are there long term risks with Voluma? 3) I See lots of before and after Voluma pictures but frankly see almost no difference? Why is this? Are they not using enough? Don't want to waste my $$. How much would I need to make a difference?

Voluma Cheek Augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. I think that you are an excellent candidate for non surgical cheek augmentation. Voluma is an excellent filler choice. It gives good projection, it is natural in appearance if injected correctly and it lasts a long time (about 1.5 years in my experience). The other advantage is that, as an HA filler, it is reversible with a simple enzyme injection. There do not seem to be significant long term risks with Voluma. Sometimes its tough to see a difference in pictures, but that is usually because the doctor is going for a natural and subtle effect. It is usually much more noticeable live. I would predict that you would need 3 to 4 syringes. Hope that helps!

Cheek augmentation with filler

Yes, you would benefit from filler in the cheeks. Voluma is fine but it will last about a year, not the 2 that is often quoted. Restylane Lyft is my choice. Bellafill will give you permanent correction and I have that in my cheeks. There is minimal risks with all the FDA approved fillers which are bruising, infection, granuloma, poor cosmetic results, vascular occlusion, and blindness. It is more important who you choose, than what product is used. Differences are often hard to see in 2D photos but you will see differences yourself. See "Cheek Challenge" link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Getting Real Results with Facial Fillers, (Voluma, Perlane, Bellafill) for Cheek Augmentation

There are great options for cheek augmentation including fillers like Voluma (and Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill), implants and fat. The potential risks and complications of Voluma are the same as those for other fillers.  The most common of these are swelling, bruising, and unsatisfactory cosmetic result.  There are more severe complications that are extremely rare. I can't speak to other's results, but it may be that a conservative approach was taken. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to go over your goals and options. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek Augmentation

I think you are a great candidate for cheek augmentation. Juvederm Voluma is a very good choice for this area. It gives a more natural appearance if injected correctly and can last up to 2 years. If you are unhappy with your results it can easily be dissolved with hyaluronidase. I recommend having a consultation with an expert injector. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Voluma is a great fikller for cheeks

Voluma is a fine filler for cheeks.  You would need 2 syringes in each side for a starter.   Then consider another syringe in 6 months if needed .   The duration is 2 years,  Voluma is worth the money.

Cheek Augmentation

Yes you would benefit from cheek augmentation.  There are two products that are hyaluronic acid based on the market that we currently use Restylane Lyft and Voluma.  We use both products in our office depending on the effect we are looking to achieve and the patient.  With any filler the effect you get depends on the patient and the amount of filler that is place.  It can be difficult in regular photos to discern a subtle difference. With any filler the risk are bleeding, bruising, infection and injection into a vessel causing tissue death or blindness.  Risk after granuloma formation and unwanted aesthetic appearance.  You need to see a physician in person to evaluate your particular needs.  Good luck with your treatments.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Voluma

Voluma is a very effective cheek filler. Pictures often do not do justice as far as seeing the results. I would recommend follow up with a reputable injector for a hands on evaluation.

Juvaderm Voluma Cheek Injection Questions

I would guess that you would require between 2 to 4 syringes of Juvederm Voluma. The product may last a long time but length of duration will vary from patient to patient

Julio Garcia, MD

Fillers

You would benefit from fillers to add volume to the areas that concern you.  With fillers you can go slowly and add more until you achieve the look you desire.  There are many to choose from with slight variations.  By visiting an experienced injector in your area you can learn more and decide which product(s) would be best for you.  The treatment is very low risk and with hyaluronic acid fillers, the product can be dissolved if you are not satisfied with the result.

Camille Cash, MD