Is there anything I can do about the excess fat or banana roll under my buttocks on my upper thigh? (photo)

I am in my early 30s, 5'6, 125 lbs. I am very active working out 4-5 days a week and eat healthy. I have had this under my butt since I was a little girl but it gets worse with age. My legs are muscular but this area is squishy. I know this is a difficult area to treat and I don't want to cause other problems but I am sick of being so uncomfortable in a bathing suit when I feel so fit. I don't want to mess with the support of my butt and make it droop. Anything I can do that might help?

Banana rolls respond to light tumescent liposuction nicely.

Liposuction of the banana rolls improve with liposuction usually but are not eliminated completely. They should get a little better  which may be enough for you.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Banana Roll

Thank you for reaching out and posting pictures. This is a common stubborn area, there are a few options, some less invasive than others. An in person consultation would allow us to go over all of your options as well as answer all of your questions. We have offices in Mission Viejo and Newport Beach and would love to have you in for a free consultation. Best of Luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Banana roll under buttock

Thank you for your question. After viewing your pictures, it's quite obvious that  you're quite fit. The problem that you concerned with is obviously genetic. You're an excellent candidate for liposuction of this area. You should have a great result. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

S there anything I can do about the excess fat or banana roll under my buttocks ?

As you point out this is a somewhat tricky area to treat.  With the understanding that there is only so much skin shrinkage achievable, I would consider superficial liposuction of that area to reduce the padding layer of fat.  In person I would also discuss with you some sculpting of your lateral femoral region which may make your backside look more shapely and your thighs more sculpted and thinner.

Obtain a few opinions with board-certified surgeons before deciding.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lifting the Butt

VASER HI DEF contouring with fat augmentation / buttock lifting would be great.  However, ultrasound/thermirf would help with tightening and lift as well. Cellfina can treat cellulite.  I would go to someone who can give you a full evaluation and who has a practice focused on body contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.