What is the difference between a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Fat Transfer (transferring fat to the buttocks)?

Those refer to the same procedure.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

The difference between a Brazilian Butt Lift and Fat Transfer to the buttocks?

It's really the same thing.  It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you!

The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape.

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. Good Luck!

No difference. Both are the same thing just used in a different term. 

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Buttock augmentation terminology

Hello and thank you for your question. Brazillian butt lift and fat transfer are really the same thing. A brazillian butt lift IS a butt augmentation performed by using fat harvested from another part of the body and then injected into the buttock using special techniques. Hope you have consulted with a board certified plastic surgeon who has done many fat transferring procedures. When it comes to buttock augmentation it is not only important to know how to shape the butt with fat but also you have to really understand the aesthetics of the buttocks to know how to shape it using liposuction as well. Hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift vs Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. A Brazilian Butt Lift is a fat transfer to the buttocks using one's own fat. Fat is commonly transferred from the abdominals, flanks or areas close to the buttocks to accentuate the fullest area of the buttocks. I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Leonard Lu, MD

BBL

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat
carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look.  The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Thank you for the question. There is no difference between BBL and fat transfer to the buttocks. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Versus Fat Transfer

No difference. They are the same thing. One is  a more technical term and the other is more of a colloquial term.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

BBL

Brazilian Butt lift IS fat transfer to the Butt. It is just a different terminology. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

BBL

It is the same procedure with 2 different names. The technique involves doing liposuction in some areas of the body and then the harvested fat can be transferred to the buttocks.