Crepey upper eyelid skin, especially in outer half. Would fillers or Botox be options for me?

I am 47 years-old and have crepey upper eyelid skin, most notable in the outer half.  I have already had an upper blepharoplasty (bad genes) and that helped with the skin overlying the eyeball but the crepey skin underneath the brow bone remains and it really ages me.  The rest of my skin and body make me look younger.  Here's my question, when I put my finger on my temples, it pulls the skin and makes this go away.  So would fillers or botox be options for me?  Or other options?  Thanks for your help.

Filler in temple and above brow might help

As others have said, it is difficult to advise without a photo. However, we can often help "pull out" wrinkles in areas you describe by using fillers to pull them out. Depends upon where filler needed most but Sculptra is the filller that I use most in this area. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Treatment Of Upper Eyelid Skin

Without seeing a picture or an in-person evaluation it is difficult to give you a proper assessment. From what you are describing it sounds like Botox won't be much help. Combination treatments work best in this area and include fillers, lasers, RF such as ThermiSmooth, Ultherapy and Microneedling to name a few. A consultation with an experienced provider who offers multiple treatments would be the next best step. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Crepey upper eyelids

Thank you for your question.  Without a photograph it is difficult to advise best procedure.  Properly placed Botox can elevate the brow area somewhat but is not a solution should your condition warrant extra skin removal of the upper lids or perhaps a temporal lift.  Best to seek an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Upper eyelid skin

This is a common problem described by many people. There are several options. The most effective option would be a temporal or lateral brow lift which uses an incision inside your hairline to remove excess skin and pull your lateral brow up similar to putting your finges on your brow. This requires surgery and the associated recovery period. A less permanent but also less downtime procedure would be fillers in the temporal area to help lift up the skin from under. There is a limit to the amount of skin that can be lifted through injections.  Finally, the easiest but possibly less effective solution would be temporal brow elevation by selectively targetting the muscle below the lateral brow with Botox. By releasing this muscle, you can get a slight lift to the lateral eyebrow which can help reduce the look of folded or crepey skin. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the most effective and safest option to achieve your goals. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Crepey eyelid skin

In my experience, CO2 laser to the lid skin gives a good result. It is straightforward, requires no incision, and is longlasting.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Crepey skin above eyes after blepharoplasty

it's a little difficult to render an opinion without seeing a photo, but based on your description, this sounds like something I deal with almost every day. You have to remember that age/gravity/genes affect your face somewhat indiscriminately and now that your eyelids have been fixed, the problem is largely your lateral brow. 

I would stay away from Botox, but fillers to the temporal area and even brow bone may help. Alternatively, we have seen wonderful success with Ultherapy in the area to lift and tighten the brow skin without making your look scared or surprised. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Crepey skin of eyelids

It is difficult to say without pictures but injection of filler into the temple areas will help.  Also a good skin care regimen in this area is of utmost importance.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Crepey upper eyelid skin

This is hard to say exactly what is right for you. Volume in the temples does help stretch the loose skin in some people as does in the lower forehead/brow area. Laser or Infini of the skin helps as well. Surgery might be need to remove excess skin. Usually Botox won't help this problem.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Crepey upper eyelid skin

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. Given what you describe, however, filler placed in your temple area may help. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow and eyelids

The brow is partly responsible for 'creases' and 'hooding' and irregularities in the outer eye zone; which is why it 'looks better' when you lift the skin near the temple  - you are lifting the brow tissue in part. Consider a lateral brow lift which can be a limited lift in the same area as where you place your fingers.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon