Please advise if elastics on Invisalign are painful?

I'm suppose to get started on elastics in two weeks. I am so scared the thought of getting elastics just makes me want to quit and cancel this treatment. Is there any way I can a avoid using elastics? I'm terrified. ...

No Pain

I can understand your apprehension, however it should be noted that there is no pain involved with using elastics! You may feel some pressure in the area, however no pain is caused by the use of the elastics.
Hope this helps you.

Los Angeles Dentist

Invisalign elastics

There is nothing to fear! Elastics are NOT painful to wear. They are a bit uncomfortable but the same can be said about wearing the invisalign trays. Everything takes getting used to. I would definitely wear the elastics. They are meant to fix your bite and that's one of the most important things in any orthodontic treatment. Ever person't level of tolerance is different. You will never know unless you try. I've never had a patient have a big problem with wearing them. You will be fine! =)

Sid Molayem, DDS
Beverly Hills Orthodontist