Repeat brachioplasty - weight loss.

I had a brachioplasty 6 years ago after losing 70 kilos and I have bad scarring and more stretched skin. Would the procedure have better results 2nd time around

Repeat brachioplasty - weight loss.

Based on your description, it sounds like you are a candidate for revisionary brachioplasty surgery. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully.  This is usually best done in front of a full-length mirror. Working together you will come up with a good plan to improve your outcome. Best wishes.

Repeat brachioplasty - weight loss.

A revision to improve the result and scars may be reasonable, but pictures or an exam would be necessary to make recommendations.

Arm lift revision / redo

Awesome weight loss, congrats. You can definitely get a good result from a second brachioplasty in terms of the removal of excess skin. If genetically you are prone to poor scars, then this is also a risk of the second surgery. If you had a wound healing issue with your first surgery, that may be the reason you healed poorly as well. Scars are the trade-off for the skin removal. An experienced body contouring surgeon should be able to hide the scar well on the inside/posterior aspect of your arm to minimize scar visibility to both you and anyone who looks at your arms. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon she you are ready to move forward. Best of luck.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Second arm lift?

Thanks for this question. Because of your weight loss, I think there's a chance to see additional loose skina nd therefore a possible need for a second skin excision. However, the scarring may by itself imply you would benefit from scar revision. Either way, to get better results consider Embrace scar prevention. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Second brachiplasty warranted?

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

I am so sorry you didn't have a good result from your first arm lift. Without a photo, one can't give you personal advice but in general, if the skin is loose, a second procedure might improve the scar and your appearance.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Secondary arm lift procedure...

Greetings,

It’s not uncommon for massive weight loss patients to lose additional weight after experience arm lift surgery. When this happens recurrent arm sag is a frequent problem and patients may search a secondary arm lift procedure. In the vast majority of patients, this type of surgery can be performed with excellent results and high satisfaction rates.

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon