Do you offer discounts for multiple procedures performed at the same time?

And which multiple procedures to you recommend having done together? Eventually, I want a full body sculpting -- Tummy (does this include muscle tightening, and the back?), upper arms, thighs, and buttocks. I may need a breast lift and/or breast augmentation. I had bariatric surgery nearly 3 years ago. I was 248 at my highest weight, and I've been maintaining 124 pounds since the last year and a half. I'm 5'2" in height and 52 years old.

Discount for combined procedures

Absolutely, we do. It makes sense to reduce the fees when the patient is already in the  operating room and is undergoing an anesthetic. The fees for anesthesia are significantly reduced as well,  as the start up costs of anesthesia are typically more at the begining of the operation. Having combined procedures reduces recovery time, saves on anesthesia costs, and is reduced on the surgeon's fees as loyalty and grattitude to the patient for trusting in the practice to do their surgery.

Plan your procedures for highest safety, not lowest cost.

After significant weight loss, a series of body contouring procedures is often necessary to address the loose skin and excess tissue that remains. While we do often combine some of these procedures into one surgery, there are limits as to how long you can be under anesthesia and how much surgical stress the body can endure during one day. Therefore, we have to make decisions on how the procedures will be broken up in the interest of your safety. Without examining you, it’s difficult to say what the best course of action is for your skin removal surgeries. Also, there is some savings when multiple procedures are performed at once because costs such as anesthesiologist and surgical center fees are combined. Consult with a board certified surgeon to determine the best treatment plan for you and what kind of cost you can expect. 

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Discounts on multiple procedures

Most office I believe offer discounts on multiple procedures. That's not that you should expect "free" procedures but progressively more percentage off as more procedures are done.

Combining Procedures With a Tummy Tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss and maintaining it! It is common to combine procedures, and you will find many surgeons will discount their fees. However, each surgeon is different, the amount of surgery that you can have done at one time will depend on your health, the experience of the surgeon and your geographical area. Your best bet is to see several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in consultation and choose who you feel most comfortable with, this is more important than the fees involved. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Multiple procedure discount

Multiple procedure discounts  are quite common in plastic surgery and we generally offer 10% off the first additional procedure and 20% off the third additional procedure. 
Additionally, we recommend performing abdominoplasty  and/ or body lift surgery first. The second surgery is mastopexy  with or without a breast implant and   Brachioplasty .   The third procedure is generally a medial thigh lift or an extended thigh lift.   If needed, the fourth and final procedure recommended is a facelift with or without a necklift.  

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on weight loss success.  I often perform multiple procedures on weight loss patients such as yourself.  This can dramatically tighten your skin and return your self confidence.  Many surgeons do offer discounts for multiple procedures. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Discounts are typically offered when you combine cosmetic surgery procedures

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!  Yes, we do offer discounts when you combine cosmetic surgery procedures.  You also get discounts on the anesthesia and facility fees as the time gets longer.  I see a lot of massive weight loss patients and many times the surgeries have to be staged to allow for optimal safety and results.  From your question, it sounds like you'll need:

1.  Tummy tuck - this does include muscle tightening in the front as well as skin removal, but not the back.
2.  Arm lift
3.  Circumferential tummy tuck or body lift - for the buttocks
4.  Upper back lift 
5.  Breast lift +/- augmentation

During a consultation, we would discuss the areas that bother you the most and then address them first.  Then, we would talk about the details of the procedures and when to stage each one.  When I combine procedures, I usually include the arms with the abdomen and then the breasts with the upper back.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Discounted Plastic Surgery for Multiple Procedures

It is not uncommon at all to discount the price of a second or even third procedure. I prefer to perform all of my surgeries in a hospital setting. Their fees typically include the facility fee and the overnight stay if necessary. There are some hospitals which cut the price of the seond procedure in half. They may also decrease the price of the third procedure substantially. My profession fees are almost always reduced when multiple services are provided. 
A few examples of combined surgeries are :

Breast Augmentation/Reduction or Lift with a Tummy Tuck

Breast Augmentation/Reduction or Lift with an Brachioplasty(arm lift)

Brazilian Butt Lift with a Breast procedure. 

Mermaid Lift with Breast Augmentation. 

Liposuction is also combined with several different procedures

as safety is always a priority, the operation is designed in such a way to achieve the best results while avoiding potential complications

several factors go into chosing the right surgical approach and the right financial avenues to getting the best outcomes.

These are important considerations for you and your surgeon to discuss thoroughly. 

Nick Masri, MD