Can Liposuction of the abdomen and flanks be done going only through the belly button?
Doctor Answers 8
Liposuction of the flanks
It would be difficult to reach most of the area of the flanks from the belly button. Only the front end of the flanks might be reached from the belly button. Most of the flanks are on the back of your body and to properly perform liposuction of the flanks, the incisions would have to be on the back.
difficult to get good results
It would be very difficult to get good results on your flanks through a belly button incision. The best location to access the flanks is actually through a posterior incision just above the buttocks. Redo liposuction or liposculpture is usually possible but as I mentioned earlier, the flanks are best reached through posterior incisions.
Liposuction of the flanks - what approach
- It sounds as though your surgeon removed the fat in the front of the flanks from a belly button incision.
- One cannot remove fat from the back of the flanks through the belly button.
- What do the before photos look like?
- Even though you are very slim, unless you lose weight after liposuction, the fat will return to new areas.
- Is it possible that there is more fat in this area because of the previous liposuction?
You might also like...
Too good to be true
Liposuction of the "Flanks"
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
Liposuction via umbilicus
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.