These are my results after 8 sessions with Asclera. I had EVLT in December of 2015. Treatments are making veins worse. Help?

I had EVLT in my right and left legs in December 2015. Veins stripped in my right leg (calf). After spending $2100 on 8 sclerotherapy treatments my results are awful. My veins got worse following the EVLT and with every sclerotherapy session more spider veins appear. I am 35 years old and embarrassed to show my legs. I workout 4 times and week and eat very clean. I had the surgery done by a board certified vascular surgeon and he doesn't even know why the treatments aren't working. Please help?

Spider veins not responding to Asclera

If your spider veins are not responding to Asclera you have options you can discuss with a physician including:
  1. Trying a different sclerosing agent 
  2. Laser treatment 
  3. Repeat ultrasound to check for continued reflux of larger veins

If you are getting matting (new fine red vessels) from the sclerotherapy sessions then definitely consider laser treatments.  Get an opinion from someone that focuses on sclerotherapy first. 
Dr. Norcom

Portland Physician

EVLT results

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.  I would recommend further evaluation for other contributing causes.

Jose Almeida, MD, FACS
Miami Vascular Surgeon

Other consideration

often times when one has closed their great saphenous vein by a heat method and is not having satisfactory results will follow up sclerotherapy; it is wise to consider if other branch veins may be contributing. Depending on the location of the problem area the anterior accessory saphenous vein or the small saphenous vein may be contributing. additionally the great saphenous can remain open despite treatment in up to 8% of patients and that should be checked in such a situation.   Lastly sclerotherapy can fail to treat large varicosities and surgical adjuvants may be necessary.