Looking for the most natural and realistic solution (Photo)

In anticipation of my consultations this summer, looking for the solution that would give me the most natural look. Not looking for big, more realistic. 42yrs old. No kids. 5'4". 116lbs. Runner. Hiker. Rock climber. Asian. I read something about top half under muscle, bottom half above muscle. Any thoughts on gummy vs not? I like the side profiles where there's a natural looking slope and not a "bump". I don't seem to like any front views and I'm not sure why that is.

Natural Looking Breast Augmentation

You could get a very natural looking result from breast augmentation surgery. On my website, I have a section devoted to breast augmentation for athletic women. Look for a plastic surgeon with many, many examples of before and after images that look like you look now with a result that is appealing to you. 
A natural looking result requires precise placement and position of  breast implants of the ideal size for your frame.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Looking for the most natural breast augmentation appearance.

You appear to be an excellent candidate for conservator breast augmentation using a partial subpectoral placement of your implants.  It is difficult to judge based solely on pictures but in light of your athletic nature and your physical stature I would be thinking of round smooth cohesive silicone gel implants inserted either through your underarm or around the areolar in a range of 260 to 320 ccs.  I prefer to choose the actual implant based upon the appearance of your breast and it's contouring during surgery when I can place test implants called sizers.  From your description it's clear that you do not wish to be too large and I concur.Watch the video above for more details as to how I choose to select the permanent implant during the procedure rather than in advance.Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Looking for the most natural and realistic solution

For a natural look on an active woman, I would suggest a moderate profile silicone implant behind the muscle. What you have described is known as the "dual plane" approach where most of the implant is behind the muscle, but the lower outer quadrant is not. This is the most popular placement of the implant. The sizeof the implant should be determined based on your breast dimensions. You don't want the implant wider than your breast tissue. Good luck!

Breast implants

Thank you for the photos.  You appear to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation.  Most women desire a C cup, which in your case would likely be in the mid 300s range.  I'd select Sientra smooth round moderate profile (Often referred to as gummy - but this term is misleading).  I'd avoid texturing as your tissues are thin and you may see rippling.  What you are describing is a dual plane approach. It's commonly done to improve breast shape.  Hope that helps!

Tim Neavin, MD

Which implant is the right choice

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  Sounds like you would be quite happy with a textured moderate profile implant for that most natural look.  I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who has different ways for you to view your post-operative look including 3D imaging, sizing, mirrors, and photos.  

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

What type and size of implants

In situations such as you present, I've had good success in the past using a fifth generation silicone gel moderate height and moderate profile shaped implant. Somewhere between 250 and 275 mL I think would give you the look that you want. Most press augmentations that are done today are done in what's called the dual plane. In this way, the upper part of the implant is under the muscle in the lower part of the implant is under the lining of the muscle. Try to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region with a Vectra 3-D imaging system who can then show you what the different implants, sizes, and shapes will look like on your image. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS