I am 19 years. I have deep wrinkles under my eyes. What would be the best long term solution? Should I consider Botox? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 12

BOTOX Not Best for Under-Eye Lines

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi karen.lm. Under-eye lines are common concerns among women of all ages, and they often have a hereditary component, which can make them tricky to treat effectively. BOTOX is not typically my first choice for these wrinkles because they're not caused by facial movement. Lines caused by movement are what BOTOX is most effective at treating. Instead, you may benefit more from a filler or a non-invasive procedure such as a chemical peel. You might also be a good candidate for fat grafting to fill in the under-eye area. It offers similar results to fillers but tends to last longer. In the meantime, be sure to protect your eyes from the sun with sunglasses and a good sunscreen.

Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Under-eye lines

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox is often a great solution for lines around the eyes, but in your case, Botox would probably not help significantly with that line.  A better choice would be a filler intended for superficial injection such as Restylane Silk, Belatero, or Juvederm.  Good luck.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 113 reviews

Lines under the eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. There are a few was to manage lines under the eyes. I use Botox, erbium laser and/or fillers. In your case I would probably try a small amount of Botox and if not successful, use Restlane Silk. It would be prudent to make an appointment with an oculoplastic surgeon who is specialized in this region of the face and skillful with several modalities of treatment. Good luck.

You might also like...

Under wrinkle solution

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest a filler or fat transfer to under your eyes. A board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in this area should see you in person to decide which would be the best route to go.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures!

Kate Ross, MD

Kate Ross, MD
Bradenton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Under Eye Wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Under eye fine lines and wrinkles are one of the most common complaints I hear from my patients!  Botox in this area is definitely not my first choice, as it can often times make these lines worse.  Just as others have said, I would recommend an eye cream and possibly a chemical peel or an eye tightening laser treatment.  Most importantly though is use of a daily sunscreen!!  Best of luck to you!


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your wrinkles are not deep, and Botox would not be a good choice under the eyes. I would suggest skin care products at home and possibly even chemical peels to help with your skin and lines. Also, be sure to wear a good sunscreen daily and avoid tanning.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Treatment for under-eye wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. This area can be tricky. You really don't want to have Botox injected here because the support structures of the eyelid will be weakened while the Botox is active. This will result in tearing and drooping of your lower lid, both of which are not aesthetically pleasing! Anyway, if I was you, I'd start with a retinol-based eye cream. More aggressive treatments are available but given that your skin looks a bit on the dark side, eye creams would be the safest option for now. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
thank you for your question.  Based on the photograph that you provide you have a very mild wrinkles under  your eyes.  This is a very common problems and at your age I would recommend to consider using a skin care line  such as Skin Medica  an you may want to consider non surgical options such as a chemical peel.  please make sure that you visit a bore certify plastic surgeon at this is a very common area to have issues if not perform by an expirienced surgeon.

Best of Luck !


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. You might want to test out some eye creams. If you are interested in Botox please visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best,

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Deep under eye wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. I do recommend a good eye creme such as Regenica or Replenix. Best of luck!

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.