Eight months post op puffiness in my upper abdomen around my belly button? (Photos)

I had my eight month post op examination I had concerns about my stomach it is puffy and hard around my belly button. He prescribed me Metalone said it will relax my stomach muscles and it will cause the puffiness to go away.he also removed my dog ears two weeks ago which is swollen and stated he no longer needs to see me again. I'm really concerned because I'm still not fully healed and I don't believe this medicine would help me.

Puffiness

swelling above the BB can be related to the muscle tightening. 

Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Puffiness 8 Months Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

If you are worried about your healing process it is best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is going well. Good luck