Do i need a chin implant? (photos)

Hi ! Im 19 from France and i have some trouble with my chin that i consider to recessed , i really want to make the operation but my parents said that It is not real and that everything is ok So This is why I look for notices of professionals ! :) An implant could improve the balance of my face ? It is adapted for me ? Thank you in advance!

Do i need a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin

Your chin is undersized causing an imbalance to your appearance. A chin implant can correct that imbalance and enhance your appearance.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Do i need a chin implant?

Hello mass59 - Thanks for your question. Yes, you could benefit from a chin implant to increase the projection of your chin, visually lengthen your jawline, and create a more angular look to your jawline from the front view.  At 19yo your facial bones have completed their growth, so an implant is possible. In my office, it is a procedure we perform under local anesthesia similar to the experience in a dental office.  I would recommend that you consult with a facial cosmetic surgery specialist in your area for more information.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can augment and improve facial balance and proportions. Only the patient can answer the question as to whether or not they want to proceed with a chin implant procedure. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and can be placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure which takes approximately 30 minutes. The size and the shape of the implant is determined at the time of the consultation and examination, since the mandible and the implants are both three-dimensional structures. In our practice, we use Implantech brand Silastic chin implants. For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many before-and-after examples, please see the video and the link below

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation