Am I a candidate for a benelli lift + fat grafting ? ( I refuse implants and want to avoid scars )

I am 24 ( 63 kg ) and suffering from tuburuos breast condition. I finally decided to do surgery but i really can't put silicone inside my body, end up with scars or deformed breasts. Can "periareolar lift + fat transfer" be a good option for me ? People lost the sensibility of their breasts after a lift ? thank you so much.

Bennelli lift versus short scar lift.

I would recommend  a short scar lift for best results - fat grafting should only be necessary if you want your breast to be larger after the lift, as the lift will make you somewhat smaller.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  First, it does not appear that you have tuberous breasts.  You breasts are sagging and lack upper pole fullness.  I do not perform the donut lift at my practice because I have noticed patients obtain the best results from a full breast lift.  Therefore, I would recommend a full breast lift without implants and an areola reduction for you to achieve an excellent result, even with scars on your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Candidate for Binelli Lift and Fat Grafting?

I am not sure where you acquired the notion that you suffer from a tuberous breast condition, but that is not correct. You simply have breast ptosis or sagging of your breasts. This commonly occurs after pregnancy and/or breast feeding, or if you have not had children, it is a result of having a larger, heavier breast with insufficient skin elasticity to hold up the heavy breast tissue over time. 

A periareolar or Benelli (donut type) lift has limited application and it simply would not begin to achieve degree of correction needed to provide you with sufficient lift to achieve an aesthetic breast shape. In fact, if you are concerned about scars, trying to apply the periareolar type of lift to your situation most often results in an overstretched and enlarged areola with a widened and irregular scar. It is perfectly understandable that you would want to avoid scars on your breast, but there are no miracle cures here. If you find that the scars from circumvertical (lollipop) or traditional (anchor) types of breast lifts are unacceptable, then you should probably not consider having any type of breast lift at all.

#BreastLift #BreastReduction - benelli lift + fat grafting

I don't think, based on the photos you've provided, that you are a candidate for the circumareolar lift, even with fat grafting.  If you want a lift, it looks like you need a circumvertical; i understand that you don't want the scarring (no one does, of course).

On the other hand, would you be happy with fuller breasts, even if not lifted?

These and other considerations can be discussed if you have an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Once you've gone through the various options you'll be in a better position to make an informed decision.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100

Type of lift

First of all, based upon what I see, you do not have tuberous breasts, but rather simply ptotic (sagging) breasts. I don't feel that you will have a satisfactory outcome with only a Benelli type of lift. It will allow neither proper positioning of the nipples and areolas, nor satisfactory removal of excess skin. If you don't want to accept the scars that will be necessary to perform a proper lift, I would suggest avoiding surgery altogether. 

Only an in person exam can help choose between the alternatives, which are vertical lift or full anchor pattern lift. I assume by your question that you wish to have more volume, and provided you have an adequate source of fat, up to a one cup size increase can be accomplished.

All the best. 

Lift

Thank you for the question and unfortunately based on the photos without an examination a circumareola lift will not give you the desired look.  A cicumvertical ift in the hands of an expert will.  So go on some consults.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Not a good candidate

You haven't got tuberous breasts, but you have II degree breast ptosis (nipples lower than the crease). In this situation you would not be a good candidate for a Benelli lift, that is not powerful enough to reshape your breasts correctly. The best result would be offered by a full uplift with implants, but if you cannot accept the scars and/or the implants, acceptance of your present condition may be a better option than having an unsuccessful operation.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a benelli lift + fat grafting ?

Dear aimani,
You are not a good candidate for the Benelli lift (not a great procedure, and especially not for you) . A formal mastopexy which re-orients your breast tissue and removes the excess skin would be a good choice. If you do not want the formal lift because of the risk of sensory loss, a skin only mastopexy (not just periareolar but at least vertical and most likely inverted T) plus fat injections is a combination I have done a few times with good results. I have used this in patients who were having body contouring and who wanted a little more volume and lift without using an implant.
A good history and physical examination would be important in determining if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

No

No. You will not get the kind of results that will make you happy. The scars are the trade off for perky breasts, but I think, in your case, they will be worth it. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

NO. As answered previously--------from your photos- it appears that you would benefit from mastopexy ( breast lift) in order to achieve your perkiest breasts. I would not recommend Benelli lift for you- as it is very limited. I also would not recommend fat grafting to the breasts- with fat cells there are no practical ways to do this. The vessels are so small it is impossible at a cellular level to join them. Consequently survival fat is unpredictable and for the most part minimal.
So, the most reliable way to augment the breasts is still with implants ( whether silicone or saline). 

Keep in mind--Plastic Surgery follows the same fundamental principles of medicine, that is : diagnosis, and treatment. The diagnosis for your breasts is: Ptosis--- which is caused by excess skin for the existing volume. There is NO magic in Plastic Surgery- only basics and fundamentals. In addition, Plastic Surgery requires the patient to understand, accept the risks, and the stated trade off. In this case - if you want perky breasts- you got to have the lift with its associated incisions/ scars. Lastly, if you are not willing to make the trade - stay the way you are.