Removing lines and making lips fuller. (Photos)

I have sun damaged aging lips with vertical lines. I also have a full upper denture. Can fillers help me with the lines in my lips and getting my lips smooth and plump? I was also wondering being that I have a diabetes and hypothyroidism would I be a candidate for fillers?

Lip vertical lines and plumping

Hi tmazz225,

You are a great candidate for filler in the lip. PLacing filler in the actual pulp of the lip with plump up the actual lips and cause the appearance of the vertical lines also to decrease. We also put filler directly in the vertical lines.

Dr. M

Softening Lines & Enhancing Lips

Dear tmazz225:

Yes, you would benefit from lip fillers like Volbella which would soften up your lip lines and enhance your lips.  Please see an expert injector and ensure that your diabetes and hypothryoidism is well controlled.  Best wishes.

Lip enhancement

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Your medical issues do not preclude your being injected with a hyaluronic acid filler. I do think you are a good candidate for lip enhancement in this fashion. However, in order to treat the vertical lip lines you are noticing, some patients require multiple fillers, as well as Botox and/or lasers to achieve an optimal result. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip filler

You would definitely see some improvement in the definition and fullness of your lips with lip filler.  As long as your diabetes and hypothyroidism are well controlled, they should not interfere with the use of fillers,  but be sure your provider is aware of your medical history.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Lip fillers

lip fillers are beautiful to both rejuvenate and smoothie out lip lines and also add some volume to the lips. The choice of filler really will determine the outcome. I think that anybody can be a good candidate for lip injections, but it is important not to overdo it in this area. Seek professional consultation for the best filler for you. 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip filler

thanks for your question and photo. You are a candidate for fillers and can expect more volume and plumb look. The line can be improved but they won't disappear. Good luck 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers and Perioral Lines and Volbella

The best filler for your would be Volbella.  Volbella is like Voluma from the same company that makes Botox.  It is a fine filler and especially designed for the lip area and lines around the mouth.  It has Vycross technology which makes it last up to one year.  Please consult an expert in these fillers since you appear to be a good candidate for this filler.  Best, Dr. Green