Is it normal for an implant on one side to have dropped and the other side to still be up high, 4 days post op?

I'm 4 days post op. I went from a 32b to a 32 full C. I'm very happy with my results. Should I be concerned that my left side implant is still higher up than right side? Not sure if too early to massage yet and will it drop?

Yes very normal in the early post op period for your breasts to be different

i tell my patients to basically forgot about their breasts for 3 months after surgery. It takes at least that long for them to drop and settle into position and for the swelling to go away. it is normal to be looking at them critically but try and avoid driving yourself nuts.everyone's two sides will settle at a different rate and will swell differently.remember too, that there will almost always be some differences between the two breasts. Avoid disappointment by expecting perfection.
good luck and hang in there.david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Uneven breasts at 4 days is not alarming if there are no signs of bleeding or infection.

Greetings,
It is very common for one implant to appear higher than the other during the early post surgical period. Follow your higher implant's improving appearance over the coming weeks as this implant should become lower as the swelling resolves and the overlying breast tissue and skin stretches.

You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon for guidance, recommendations for high implant care, and reassurance...

I hope your final appearance with be pleasing for you.

Best Regards,
  •  Tweet

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant positioning asymetry

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. It is totally normal to have differences between the pace of implant positioning after your surgery.
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Implant heights

This is extremely common. You have barely gotten out of the OR. It will take time for the swelling to dissipate and for the implants to settle in.

Yes

You are early in your postoperative phase after breast augmentation.  You see some differences between your breasts as they go through the healing process.Best Wishes,nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Implant position

It is not uncommon for implants to descend into the pocket at diffeernt rates. Also since you are only 4 days out, it is very early in the post-op period.